The Administrative Assistant will manage the day-to-day business activities of the CEO & COO, including providing strategic management of the CEO’s busy and complex schedule, coordinating meetings with internal and external contacts, preparing and tracking the CEO’s expenses, and arranging complex travel. The role is a pivotal support position, as the Administrative Assistant is a key liaison among staff members and between the CEO, COO, and external partners. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant will:
- Support other members of the Pivot leadership team with ad hoc administrative needs;
- Support day-to-day operations of the office; and
- Contribute to and lead special projects across various areas of the organization
In all of these roles, the Administrative Assistant will need to demonstrate the ability to handle confidential information with discretion and utilize significant amounts of independent judgment. This is a full-time, exempt position located in Duluth, GA.
- Heavy calendar management and scheduling.
- Organize CEO’s daily calendar – schedules appointments, coordinates logistics for speaking engagements, handling special events invitations, and coordinates travel arrangements accordingly.
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain the agenda.
- Track CEO’s expenses and prepare expense reports for reimbursement and billing.
- Write individualized correspondence and other documents as requested by the CEO.
- Receive and triage incoming written communications to appropriate staff and facilitate response or action to be carried through by the CEO as needed.
- Manage organizational communication, scheduling, and logistics for key internal events such as leadership meetings, staff meetings, and managers’ meetings.
- Works cross-departmentally to establish priorities and delivery dates for all projects based on bandwidth and business objectives.
- Anticipates impacts on other areas not directly related to an individual project and proactively works to resolve those items.
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations, and other communications tools).
- Serve as liaison for office vendors, including but not limited to, supplies and equipment and monitoring systems and problem-solving issues when necessary.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of necessary office supplies; order supplies as needed to keep basic supplies stocked, and fulfill special requests from staff.
- Design, communicate and oversee implementation of office operations, policies, and procedures.
- In partnership with Corporate Operations Manager, continually look for ways to evolve and improve the operational efficiency of systems and processes impacting staff and office operations.
- Maintain and update office phone lists, email distribution lists, and other similar systems.
- Maintain responsibility for general office upkeep and “look and feel.” This includes keeping kitchen and supply areas stocked, clean and functional.
- Provides event support and planning, including retreats, meetings, staff events. This includes logistical research and planning, day-of support
- Support other functional areas and members of the organization’s leadership team with special projects as needed. May include projects in HR, Recruiting, and Marketing.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in an administrative support role, preferably at the senior level. Experience supporting executives is a must-have.
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of the organization. Aware of and able to navigate diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- A self-starter with a high degree of energy and careful attention to detail.
- Has a strong sense of initiative and a process-improvement mindset.
- Highly flexible, creative problem solver, with a strong ability to shift focus quickly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Execute and exhibit good judgment. High level of professionalism.
- Superb organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent computer skills; advanced skill in G Suite; technically savvy.
- A demonstrated ability to plan effectively, but the flexibility to handle the unexpected.