About our Company:
If you are a purpose-driven self-starter that understands the value of hard work and professional excellence – with a little fun on the side – then we have been looking for you!
We want you to be a part of the Tyler New Media team and join our mission to uplift, strengthen and support the African American community by building stronger families and businesses.
Tyler New Media brands have been featured in Entrepreneur.com, Black Enterprise Magazine, Essence Magazine, Ebony Magazine, Jet Magazine, Parenting Magazine, CNN, HLN, Good Morning America, The Today Show, and many other press outlets. The company has been a finalist for the Black Enterprise Family Business of the Year, Infusionsoft’s Small Business ICON Award, and has been awarded the ClickFunnels Two Comma and 2CCX awards along with being named to the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the country’s fastest-growing privately held companies.
We Strive for Excellence. We Do More With Less. We Promote Personal Development. We Make It Happen. We Are Accountable For Our Actions. We Are Honest and Truthful.
About the Job:
The Director of Customer Success plays an essential role in shaping TNM’s future and impacting the success of our clients tangibly. Should you choose to accept it, your mission is to ensure the delivery of outstanding experiences that drive strong customer retention, expansion, adoption, and referrals. This includes program oversight and development, customer success management, and event production oversight. Reporting to the COO, this role will also build and lead a team of program managers, coaches, support staff, and contractors.
What you will be doing:
- Leadership & Team Management
- Developing the team with a focus on leadership, management, and accountability.
- Support recruiting and hiring activities, including engagement with the role development, interview, candidate selection, and onboarding processes.
- Develop plans for long-term, individual professional growth, employee engagement, and team building.
- Make sure the team achieves critical goals that contribute to the company’s overall growth.
- Create an environment in which staff can thrive and become more efficient.
- Program Development & Management
- Facilitate the development and implementation of new client-facing program initiatives for TSP Mastermind and Propel.
- Direct all needs assessments, work plans, operational strategies for implementation, data collection, and evaluation needed to optimize program effectiveness.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure program launches and related deliverables do not impede other business initiatives and timelines.
- Customer Success Management
- Provide strategic direction, development, and management of program operations to drive quality and consistency
- Increase customer lifetime value through success plans, customer satisfaction, and overall health scores
- Leverage reporting to develop data-driven insights on customer behavior
- Create and drive initiatives and measures to prevent customer attrition.
- Drive standardized, proactive outreach and reactive interventions for various points in the journey by identifying opportunities to encourage feedback loops and continuous improvement.
- Increase opportunities for expansion and up-sells
- Collaborate with other organizational leaders to incorporate customer needs and requests into defining business objectives
- Event Production Oversight
- Oversee a wide variety of activities, including event preparation, equipment rental, event budgets, staff scheduling, internal and external vendor relationships, logistics related to events, and equipment allocation.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to create a project vision and strategy document for upcoming events.
- Consult with our contracted event planners to create and monitor corresponding event timelines, requirements, and budgets
- You are a graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in communication, management, business administration, or a related field; a master’s degree in management, business, or a related field.
- You must have 5-7 years of previous experience in developing and managing programs
- You have an outstanding knowledge of business operations, competitive industry environment, and general marketing and sales concepts
- You are decisive, self-confident, and have a strong management mindset
- You consider yourself as flexible, and able to adapt to further changes in the future.
- You understand performance evaluation techniques and data indicators.
- You are able to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- You have proven experience with small business development is a plus
- You are skillful in creating effective presentations both in-person and via multiple virtual formats.
- You can manage talents and develop people’s strengths
- You are an exceptional communicator, both written and spoken, and able to communicate vision and processes with clarity, authority, and inspiration
- You can stay up-to-date with the current technology trends; familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), program management software, and online media platforms.
What we offer:
- An open-minded, collaborative and supportive culture
- Casual, welcoming work environment
- Daily snacks
- Health insurance is covered at 70% and vision & dental insurance are covered at 99%, effective after 90 days
- Generous 5-week time off policy including 10 paid holidays, paid personal and vacation time
- “Wealth Academy”, our program created to give our team a path to wealth which includes:
- Dollar-for-dollar 401K matching up to 6% of the employee’s pay. Immediate vesting!
- Profit-Sharing Plan that allows employees to share in company profits.
- Monthly financial education Lunch and Learns with industry experts.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Tyler New Media is committed to fostering diversity and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made on the basis of business needs, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.