The Director of Operations will oversee the day-to-day activities of the company, ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively.
- Directs and overseas both internal and external operations and administrative support staff, including IT, Accounting, HR.
- Participates in the hiring and training of staff and contractors.
- Organizes and oversees the work and schedules of departmental managers.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Directs and oversees administrative support services staff.
- Collaborates with all management staff to identify and deliver the required administrative support operations for the organization.
- Maintains the organization’s administrative policies and procedures manual.
- Serves as a member of the organization’s key administrative decision-making and planning body.
- Collaborates with other management staff to draft and implement an annual administrative budget.
- Establishes metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales in each division to achieve financial objectives.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, administration and customer service divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration required.
- Extensive and diversified background with at least 10 years of related experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.