Traffic Sales & Profit (TSP) is a division of Tyler New Media, a multimedia company owned by a husband and wife team. The brand operates around its two signature coaching programs, TSP Mastermind & Propel. These programs strategically focus on building and scaling black-owned businesses and helping them to reach six, seven, and eight-figure growth.
The Director of Program Development plays an essential role in shaping TNM’s future and impacting the success of our clients tangibly. Should you choose to accept it, your mission is to ensure the delivery of outstanding experiences that drive strong customer retention, expansion, adoption, and referrals. This includes program oversight and development, customer success management, and event production oversight. Our ideal candidate is passionate about driving value for customers, experienced in growing and guiding high-performing teams, and has a consistent track record of success in a fast-growing B2B service-based company.
Position Details and Requirements:
- Leadership & Team Management
- Developing the team with a focus on leadership, management, and accountability.
- Support recruiting and hiring activities, including role development, interview, candidate selection, and onboarding processes.
- Develop plans for long-term, individual professional growth, employee engagement, and team building.
- Make sure the team achieves critical goals that contribute to the company’s overall growth.
- Create an environment in which staff can thrive and become more efficient.
Program Development & Management
- Facilitate the development and implementation of new program initiatives for TSP Mastermind and Propel.
- Direct needs assessments, work plans, operational strategies for implementation, data collection, and evaluation needed to optimize program effectiveness.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure program launches and related deliverables do not impede other business initiatives and timelines.
Customer Success Management
- Provide strategic direction, development, and management of program operations to drive quality and consistency.
- Increase customer lifetime value through success plans, customer satisfaction, and overall health scores.
- Leverage reporting to develop data-driven insights on customer behavior.
- Create and drive initiatives and measures to prevent customer attrition.
- Drive standardized, proactive outreach and reactive interventions for various points in the journey by identifying opportunities to encourage feedback loops and continuous improvement.
- Increase opportunities for expansion and up-sells
- Collaborate with other organizational leaders to incorporate customer needs and requests into defining business objectives.
Event Production Oversight
- Oversee a wide variety of activities, including event preparation, equipment rental, event budgets, staff scheduling, internal and external vendor relationships, logistics related to events, and equipment allocation.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to create a project vision and strategy document for upcoming events.
- Consult with our contracted event planners to create and monitor corresponding event timelines, requirements, and budgets.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, management, business administration, or related field.
- Master’s degree in management, business, or related field. MBA preferred
- Must have 5-7 years previous experience of developing and managing programs
- Up-to-date with the current technology trends, program management software, and online media platforms.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Strong management mindset. Financial understanding, awareness, and knowledge.
- Decisive and self-confident.
- Flexible and adaptive to change.
- Knowledge of business operations and the competitive industry environment.
- Knowledge of general marketing and sales concepts
- Solid application and understanding of performance evaluation techniques and data indicators
- Hands-on experience with small business development is a plus
- Light work. Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally. Will use arm and/or leg controls requiring exertion of forces equal to sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time.
This is a 40 hour per week position based in the Gwinnett County, GA area.
- Minimum 5 years experience (Required)
- United States (Required)
Typical start time:
- 8:00 AM
Typical end time:
- 4:45 PM
- Monday to Friday
- Waiting period may apply