If you are a purpose-driven self-starter that understands the value of hard work and professional excellence – with a little fun on the side – then we have been looking for you!
We want you to be a part of the Tyler New Media team and join our mission to uplift, strengthen and support the African American community by building stronger families and businesses.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Tyler New Media brands have been featured in Entrepreneur.com, Black Enterprise Magazine, Essence Magazine, Ebony Magazine, Jet Magazine, Parenting Magazine, CNN, HLN, Good Morning America, The Today Show, and many other press outlets. The company has been a finalist for the Black Enterprise Family Business of the Year, Infusionsoft’s Small Business ICON Award, and has been awarded the ClickFunnels Two Comma and 2CCX awards along with being named to the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the country’s fastest-growing privately held companies.
OUR CORE VALUES
We Strive for Excellence. We Do More With Less. We Promote Personal Development. We Make It Happen. We Are Accountable For Our Actions. We Are Honest and Truthful.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We’re looking for an experienced Event Planner who will help our business grow by overseeing all of the company’s events and leading the efforts to ensure that all events are successful from start to finish. The Event Planner will also communicate constantly with different departments, vendors, and clients/participants. To be successful in this role, you will have to be an effective communicator, an outstanding team player, and an excellent negotiator.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Handles all aspects of events, including pre-planning, resource requirements, on-site coordination, and post-event follow-up for complex multiday events, retreats and tours.
- Builds strong relationships with current and future venues, vendors and event partners.
- Manage sponsorship activation.
- Monitors all contracts signed by the organization in order to ensure compliance.
- Oversees all of the company’s events, including but not limited to, retreats, training, and yearly events.
- Leads weekly event meetings with staff.
- Coordinates and manages AV, branding, and entertainment for all events.
- Manages the travel, presentations, and overall itinerary of secured speakers.
- Performs post-event data and strategic analysis in order to inform future events.
- In charge of the onsite training center for internal and external events.
- Builds strong, collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Aids in vendor selection and negotiating the best rates and terms possible.
- Communicate with clients/participants regularly to ensure that all aspects of the event go smoothly.
- Develops budgets for events while collaborating with relevant personnel to create spending plans that meet their needs while staying within their budget limits.
- Assists in the selection and supervision of volunteers for events, assigns duties, and provides general guidance.
- Coordinates with other staff members on logistics such as venue selection and booking, catering services, entertainment, equipment rentals, and other essential components of an event
- Coordinates with external vendors and contractors to ensure that all services are delivered as promised.
- Meets with Management to discuss event details, objectives, and potential issues that may arise during the planning
- Leads other staff members/vendors who are responsible for day-to-day operations such as set up, breakdown, catering, and security.
- Assists clients in resolving any concerns that may arise on or before the events/meetings.
- Manages the outside bookings, schedule and client liaison for in-house Rosewood training center
- You have 5 or more years of experience as an Event Coordinator/Specialist or in a similar role.
- It will be a plus if you are a graduate with a Bachelor’s degree.
- You are a master of negotiations, logistics, speaker, and calendar management.
- Your time management and organizational skills are second to none.
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment that values team collaboration.
- You easily prioritize activities and can step in to accomplish goals whether you’re an active team player, self-starter, and multitasker who can quickly adjust priorities.
- Deadlines don’t scare you; in fact, they drive you to deliver your best work.
- You can match the energy of clients with various personalities.
- You are an excellent communicator who can give clear written and verbal communication to everyone.
- You’re highly skilled in working with CRMs, Google Workspace, and any related customer service platforms.
What We Offer:
- An open-minded, collaborative and supportive culture
- Casual, welcoming work environment
- Daily snacks
- Health insurance is covered at 70%, and vision & dental insurance are covered at 99%, effective after 90 days
- Generous 5-week time off policy including 10 paid holidays, paid personal and vacation time
- “Wealth Academy”, our program created to give our team a path to wealth which includes:
- Dollar-for-dollar 401K matching up to 6% of the employee’s pay. Immediate vesting!
- Profit-Sharing Plan that allows employees to share in company profits.
- Monthly financial education Lunch and Learns with industry experts.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Tyler New Media is committed to fostering diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made on the basis of business needs, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.