If you are a purpose-driven self-starter that understands the value of hard work and professional excellence – with a little fun on the side – then we have been looking for you!
We want you to be a part of the Tyler New Media team and join our mission to uplift, strengthen and support the African American community by building stronger families and businesses.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Our company, Tyler New Media, has been featured in Entrepreneur.com, Black Enterprise Magazine, Essence Magazine, Ebony Magazine, Jet Magazine, Parenting Magazine, CNN, HLN, Good Morning America, The Today Show, and many other press outlets. The company has been a finalist for the Black Enterprise Family Business of the Year, Infusionsoft’s Small Business ICON Award, and has been awarded the ClickFunnels Two Comma and 2CCX awards along with being named to the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the country’s fastest-growing privately held companies.
THE CORE VALUES:
We Strive for Excellence. We Do More With Less. We Promote Personal Development. We Make It Happen. We Are Accountable For Our Actions. We Are Honest and Truthful.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for a talented Graphics Designer to visual elevate our image through emails, events, social media paid posts and more. You will own graphic work for all company projects. This role will collaborate with marketing team members to produce high quality content. To be successful in this role you must be able to easily translate concepts visually and enjoy offering your ideas, you must be an advanced user of graphic design tools and enjoy working with a team but also work well independently.
What you will do:
- Create and edit project graphics, including but not limited to, web banners, flyers, social media banners, print graphics, blog post images, event signage, and logos
- Research pertinent project information and coordinate with the team to create content that is timely and relevant
- Proof all materials ensuring they meet the company’s branding standards
- Develop and implement design strategies to enhance the company’s brand image.
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images
- Communicate with team members about layout and design
- May deliver designed materials to printers/vendors or arrange and attend printer press checks.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements when necessary.
- Provide deliverables in a timely manner.
- You have an Associate’s degree or higher.
- You have at least 2 years of Graphics Designer experience.
- You have an excellent understanding and knowledge of typography, design techniques, tools, and principles.
- You have a background in Multimedia Content Development
- Your creativity knows no boundaries which helps you to produce a variety of ideas and suggestions.
- You’re an advanced user of Microsoft office apps (e.g., powerpoint and word)
- Being internet and technology savvy comes natural for you.
- You thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork.
- You have an intermediate level of experience with Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, and other graphic design software
- You have familiarity with HTML and CSS
- You’ve never had a deadline you haven’t met.
What We Offer:
- An open-minded, collaborative and supportive culture.
- Casual, welcoming work environment.
- Daily snacks.
- Health insurance covered at 70% and vision & dental insurance covered at 99%, effective after 90 days.
- Generous 5-week time off policy including 10 paid holidays, paid personal and vacation time.
- “Wealth Academy”, our program created to give our team a path to wealth which includes:
- Dollar for dollar 401K matching up to 6% of the employee’s pay. Immediate vesting!
- Profit-Sharing Plan that allows employees to share in company profits.
- Monthly financial education Lunch and Learns with industry experts.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tyler New Media is committed to fostering diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made on the basis of business needs, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.