If you are a purpose-driven self-starter that understands the value of hard work and professional excellence – with a little fun on the side – then we have been looking for you!
We want you to be a part of the Tyler New Media team and join our mission to uplift, strengthen and support the African American community by building stronger families and businesses.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Tyler New Media brands have been featured in Entrepreneur.com, Black Enterprise Magazine, Essence Magazine, Ebony Magazine, Jet Magazine, Parenting Magazine, CNN, HLN, Good Morning America, The Today Show, and many other press outlets. The company has been a finalist for the Black Enterprise Family Business of the Year, Infusionsoft’s Small Business ICON Award, and has been awarded the ClickFunnels Two Comma and 2CCX awards along with being named to the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the country’s fastest-growing privately held companies.
OUR CORE VALUES
We Strive for Excellence. We Do More with Less. We Promote Personal Development. We Make It Happen. We Are Accountable for Our Actions. We Are Honest and Truthful
ABOUT THE JOB
The Human Resources Coordinator role contributes to the company’s performance by providing tactical and strategic consulting on people and organization development strategies in support of the business objectives. Performs HR-related duties at the professional level.
What you will be doing:
- Performs the daily functions of the Human Resources department including hiring, administering benefits and leave, and company policies and practices.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employment eligibility verifications.
- Supports the employee onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Administer employee recognition program.
- Administer company internship program.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Serve as the main point of contact for benefit open enrollment, and administration for employees.
- Work with third-party providers and vendors to ensure that services meet business needs and are delivered to agreed standards and timescales
- Update and maintain company policies and procedures as needed.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Provide HR administrative support and other duties as assigned
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of progressive experience as an HR Generalist.
- You have a working knowledge of human resource principles, labor laws, and employment equity regulations.
- Your ability to work independently and with a team is impeccable.
- Your strong motivation and enthusiasm get the job done.
- You have the ability to evaluate, make decisions, and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- You are versed in HR Strategy skills – Performance, Employee Relations, Reward, Talent, Recruiting, Organizational Development, etc.
- You must desire to achieve excellence in customer satisfaction, process, and product quality and reliability.
- You possess excellent communication, both verbal and written.
What We Offer
- An open-minded, collaborative and supportive culture
- Casual, welcoming work environment
- Daily snacks
- Health insurance is covered at 70% and vision & dental insurance are covered at 99%, effective after 90 days
- Generous 5-week time off policy including 10 paid holidays, paid personal and vacation time
- “Wealth Academy”, our program created to give our team a path to wealth which includes:
- Dollar-for-dollar 401K matching up to 6% of the employee’s pay. Immediate vesting!
- Profit Sharing Plan that allows employees to share in company profits.
- Monthly financial education Lunch and Learns with industry experts.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Tyler New Media is committed to fostering diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made on the basis of business needs, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.