If you are a purpose-driven self-starter that understands the value of hard work and professional excellence – with a little fun on the side – then we have been looking for you!
We want you to be a part of the Tyler New Media team and join our mission to uplift, strengthen and support the African American community by building stronger families and businesses.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Tyler New Media brands have been featured in Entrepreneur.com, Black Enterprise Magazine, Essence Magazine, Ebony Magazine, Jet Magazine, Parenting Magazine, CNN, HLN, Good Morning America, The Today Show, and many other press outlets. The company has been a finalist for the Black Enterprise Family Business of the Year, Infusionsoft’s Small Business ICON Award, and has been awarded the ClickFunnels Two Comma and 2CCX awards along with being named to the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the country’s fastest-growing privately held companies.
OUR CORE VALUES
We Strive for Excellence. We Do More With Less. We Promote Personal Development. We Make It Happen. We Are Accountable For Our Actions. We Are Honest and Truthful.
About the Job:
We are looking for a passionate Social Media/Digital Content Coordinator who can help us create great error-free content while being well-versed in social media channels, as well as the African American culture, and online marketing. The Social Media Content Coordinator is able to work independently while maintaining strong accountability to supervision. To be an excellent candidate for this role, you must be organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable working with diverse teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with internal partners to interpret project briefs and develop relevant concepts into content
- Develop story pitches and present them for consideration
- Write marketing copy and edit including social media, product marketing, blogs, and email
- Ensure that all copy is proofed and ready for delivery or posting
- Create and maintain editorial and marketing calendars
- Schedule, create, edit, and publish content on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Assist in the establishment of social media benchmarks and KPIs; track and report on data/metrics to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and campaign effectiveness.
- Lead brand-focused online community management
- Monitor and respond to community feedback to help grow fan bases
- Manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Document workflows based on daily tasks, events, and product launches
- Work in a fast-paced environment exuding confidence, while being calm, motivating, and a pleasure to work with
- Be a great team player with our creative team
- You have 3 or more years of experience in marketing and social media experience
- You are knowledgeable in WordPress and have 3 years or more experience using it.
- You are experienced in social media management & quick content creation.
- You have an excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- You have a working knowledge and understanding of basic online marketing.
- You are always strongly motivated and enthusiastic to do a great job.
- You have the ability to evaluate, make decisions, and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- You have proficient computer skills including the ability to work with Google Suite apps for business and to navigate online systems.
- If you have any photography, videography, editing, or design skills it will be a plus.
What We Offer
- An open-minded, collaborative and supportive culture
- Casual, welcoming work environment
- Daily snacks
- Health insurance is covered at 70% and vision & dental insurance are covered at 99%, effective after 90 days
- Generous 5-week time off policy including 10 paid holidays, paid personal and vacation time
- “Wealth Academy”, our program created to give our team a path to wealth which includes:
- Dollar for dollar 401K matching up to 6% of the employee’s pay. Immediate vesting!
- Profit-Sharing Plan that allows employees to share in company profits.
- Monthly financial education Lunch and Learns with industry experts.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Tyler New Media is committed to fostering diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made on the basis of business needs, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.